CENTRAL NODAL AGENCY – Rural Tourism and Rural Homestays
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel management, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India is the Central Nodal agency to support the Ministry of Tourism in coordinating and implementing the plans and schemes for promotion and development of rural tourism and rural homestays in the country.
The nodal agency assists the Ministry in undertaking the following functions.
- Preparation of detailed Action plan for implementation of strategy.
- Identifying national and global best practices and prepare tool kits for their replication by the states and rural tourism destinations.
- Benchmarking state policies and standards and prepare model policies and minimum standards for rural tourism including B&B, Farm Stays, Homestays etc.
- Capacity building measures including setting up of Resource centers and Center of excellence.
- Toolkits and guidelines for identification of clusters for rural tourism and preparation of development plans for clusters.
- Facilitating adaptation of digital technologies for rural tourismand rural homestays.
- Formulation of dedicated schemes to support development of rural tourism in the country.
- Any other support, which can facilitate the Ministry of Tourism in development of rural tourism and rural homestays in the country.