Naurangabad-Shree Mahaveerji Village, Rajasthan
Naurangabad-Shree Mahaveerji has been recognized as Best Tourism Village 2023 in Bronze category.
The village has harnessed its cultural riches and natural splendour to become a beacon of religious tourism. It has emerged as a sought-after destination for travellers seeking spiritual solace and cultural immersion. At the heart of this village stands a magnificent Jain temple, drawing pilgrims from far and wide.
But this village is more than just a spiritual sanctuary; it's a vibrant hub of cultural festivities. Annual events like Rath Yatra, thrilling camel, and horse races, Kushti Dangal competitions, enchanting poetry festivals, and the prestigious India Hand Ball Competition come to life here.
The village is a harmonious blend of tradition and modernity, where environmental sustainability is championed through solar panels and waste management initiatives.
The village, with a population of 13,000, is in a geographically significant position at Latitude 26° 41' 52.332'' N and Longitude 76° 54' 31.158'' E. It is primarily known for religious tourism, centered around a prominent Jain temple. The village has made significant strides in developing its tourism sector, with a substantial annual tourist inflow of 1.5 million domestic visitors and 120 international tourists. It offers various accommodations, including Dharamshalas and hotels, and boasts a rich cultural heritage, including annual events like Rath Yatra, camel, and horse races, Kushti Dangal, poetry festivals, and the hosting of the India Hand Ball Competition.
The development strategy of the village focuses on the promotion of “Religious Tourism” while preserving its cultural and natural assets.
- NEARBY ATTRACTIONS
The village's proximity to the world-famous Digamber Jain Pilgrim Site, Shree Mahaveer Ji, adds to its appeal as a religious tourism destination. Visitors can explore these significant Jain pilgrimage sites in the vicinity.
● The village hosts several annual cultural events, including Rath Yatra, camel and horse races, Kushti Dangal, poetry festivals, and the India Hand Ball Competition, which showcase its cultural vibrancy.
● Religious activities, cultural programs, and competitions aimed at spreading the teachings of Bhagwan Mahaveer are held regularly.
● The village's commitment to environmental sustainability is evident through the installation of solar panels, RO plants for drinking water, and ongoing efforts to manage waste and construct a Sewage Treatment Plant.
● The village has seen substantial economic growth, with direct and indirect employment opportunities created for both men and women in the tourism sector.
● The presence of 300 shops selling local arts and crafts, cooking utensils, and food items like mehendi, papad, mangodi, and churan contributes to the local economy.
● Solar power, improved infrastructure, and wellness centres enhance the well-being of both residents and tourists.
● The village has made substantial progress in ensuring safety and security through a strong police presence, CCTV cameras, high mast lights, streetlights, and signages.