Devka Village, Dadar and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
Devka village has been recognized as Best Tourism Village 2023 in Bronze category.
Devka is a destination where the past seamlessly intertwines with the present, and where every corner reveals a story waiting to be explored.
In the heart of India's western coast, this enchanting village beckons with its vibrant culture, sustainable tourism, and breathtaking natural wonders.
Domestic and international travellers flock to Devka for attractions like NAMOPATH, St. Jerome's Fort, Nani Daman Jetty, Moti Daman Fort, and the scenic Light House Beach.
The village's commitment to sustainability shines through initiatives like seaweed cultivation, modern fishing practices, and cultural preservation.
Devka village is located in Daman taluka of Daman district in Daman & Diu, India. It is situated 5km away from Daman, which is both district & sub-district headquarter of Devka village. Marwad is the gram panchayat of Devka village.
Devka has a total population of 8011 (as per Census 2011) peoples. Tourism significance of the village is to create sustainable job opportunity and economic growth for locals. Annual tourist inflow of the village according the year 2022 is 2,94,742 (Domestic – 2,93,123 and International – 1,619)
Natural and Heritage (The village concentrate on heritage of the village mainly the forts around the village as well as also concentrate on cultural resources also natural resources like Devka Beach and Lake Garden.
- NEARBY ATTRACTION
1. Namopath (DevkaSeafort)
2. Fort of St. Jerome
3. Nani Daman Jetty
4. Moti Daman Fort
5. Light House Beach
- INITIATIVE/ EVENTS/ ACTIVITIES
1. Plantation program through VanMahotsav and CNG Taxies & Electric Bus Services for Public.
2. 100% LED Street Lights and Seaweed Cultivation Training Programs.
3. Implementation of Swachh Bharat Mission and Solid and Liquid Waste Management.
4. Open Defecation Free Villages and e-Toilets and door-to-door Waste Collection.
5. Provided assistance for the purchase of safety and communication equipment like GPS, VHF and Fishfinder, Safety jackets etc.
6. Various thematic, awareness and IEC campaigns like SwachhataPakhwada, Swachhata Hi Seva, Swachh Survekshan Gramin, and Swachh Sundar Shauchalaya.
7. Efforts for ensuring security through color coding and registration of boats, biometric ID Cards for fishermen, 24X7 surveillance and Sagar Kavach exercise with the coordination of coastal police and coast guard.
8. Hosting and celebrating Tribal festivals every year.
1. Homestay policy to provide good quality stay facility to tourists and ensure supplementary income to local residents.
2. Small eateries that offer food cooked in local style.
3. Homestay policy to provide quality stay and supplementary income to local residents.
4. Development of Seafront (NAMOPATH) to boost the local economy of all the stakeholders of tourism
5. Fully equipped ambulance with ShramyogiSwasthya Sewa ambulance.
6. Notification of water sports policy to promote safe and world-class water sports activities.
7. Amended the Daman & Diu Marine fishing rules in 2018 to protect the Juvenile fisheries and the interest of traditional fishermen.
8. Representation at Bharat Parv 2023.
9. Preservation of Local culture by allowing local fishing Community to take part in National as well as international events.